The Proposal Manager provides essential support in the Company's procurement of new business by managing the development of high quality, compliant, responsive and compelling winning proposals. Responsibilities include leading pursuit processes and teams, communicating with conviction, and maneuvering a competitive, deadline-driven environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and synthesize relevant facts about the RFP's evaluation criteria to enable efficient decision making.
- Manage all aspects of the proposal preparation specific to each proposal and client including layout, formatting, and content development to ensure that a high quality, professional product is created and delivered on time.
- Develop formal strategy for the proposal pursuit process.
- Develop custom win strategy for each proposal submission and lead strategy meeting with the team.
- Evaluate and comprehend RFP/RFQ’s to ensure compliance and align proposal content to meet client requirements.
- Prepare outline of RFP/RFQ requirements and timeline for proposal submission efforts. Distribute information to all involved parties regarding proposal deadlines, requirements, and interview criteria.
- Have a knowledge base of the Company's personnel and be able to put forward proposed team members that best suit the requirements of the RFP/RFQ. Keep up to date on employees and update resumes to include projects, awards and certifications
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and perform independent research to create technically accurate, informative, and creative responses
- Ensure that all information is current and consistent with the Company's brand, message, business objectives and style standards.
- Write, edit and proof read proposal for accuracy, compliance, style and consistency.
- Oversee production, binding, packaging and shipping/delivery of proposal documents.
- Organize team members for presentation preparation sessions and coordinate presentation logistics with clients
- Produce slideshows, videos, diagrams, storyboards and other visual media in support of team presentations, in addition to working with presenting team to assist with messaging and delivery.
- Contribute to the development of the Company's proposal library through the understanding of who we are, what we do and how we do it.
- Maintain the opportunity schedule.
- Support the development of marketing materials including resumes, project data sheets, award submissions, photography and media.
- Use latest technology and software to complete projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience, and Special Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications, or Construction related field.
- At least three (3) years of experience with the development of private and public sector proposals.
- Experience developing, writing, editing and proof-reading proposals and experience with developing creative marketing materials.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow-through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to quality standards with a high level of attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to think critically and draw from several resources to create simple, unified and persuasive documents.
- Champion a "positive, can do" attitude and maintain professional attire and behavior at all times.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe CS, Prezi, and CRM databases.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a passion and dedication to high-quality work.
- Experience with Architectural/Construction technical writing/proposal development and an understanding of the industry dynamics a plus.
Physical Job Demands
Individuals should be able to reach above and below, stoop and bend, sit, walk, stand, pick up boxes and/or bulky items on an occasional basis as an essential part of the job.
Minimum of 40 hours per week required. Normal works hours are normally between 8:00am and 5:00pm M-F and will vary depending on project specifications, and may involve evenings and weekends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work required. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job. Successful candidate will seek additional duties to master.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com