Project Manager - Base Build
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, successful completion, and financial outcome of the project. This position manages all project aspects so that the project is completed with quality and safety at the forefront, while meeting budget and schedule objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforce the company safety program in accordance with the company's best practice policies, local, state, and federal laws
- Develop new and maintain existing business relationships with Owners, Architect/Engineers, Construction Managers and Subcontractors as necessary to ensure future business opportunities
- Actively participate in industry organizations at committee level; represent the Company at networking functions, career fairs, trade shows, etc
- Team with the Project Superintendent to provide leadership for the duration of the project. Provide structure to the project team, develop objectives/goals for each and assign individual areas of responsibility
- Participate in the preconstruction and bidding process, providing constructability, schedule and process input
- Work in partnership with the Proposal Management team in responses to RFPs, providing narratives, logistic plans and schedule input. Actively prepare for and participate in interviews and presentations
- Work with the project scheduler to develop the initial schedule; evaluate and update monthly or more often if required. Ensure that construction activities progress according to schedule
- Participate in the procurement process in conjunction with the Senior Vice President, prepare scope of work, maintain procurement tracking log, and negotiate and prepare subcontract agreements
- Oversee contractual performance of all subcontractor to ensure compliance to scope, schedule and quality. Participate in weekly subcontractor meetings with the Project Superintendent
- Communicate with the Architect, Owner and/or Construction Manager on all project issues, progress, budget, changes or modifications. Prepare for, organize, and run Owner's meetings on a regularly scheduled basis
- Manage cost control system to ensure budget compliance. Track all potential change orders, owner change orders and prepare monthly cost to complete analysis
- Submit, track and obtain building, occupancy and other permits as required for the project
- Monitor the submittal and request for information process to ensure project requirements are met. If an Assistant Project Manager/Project Engineer is not assigned to the project take primary responsibility for these items
- Prepare the monthly requisition to the Owner, review with Owner/Architect, revise as necessary, obtain approval and ensure timely project funding
- Review and approve subcontractor applications for payment and vendor invoices
- Manage the project close out process required for the project to facilitate timely release of retention
- Mentor and train project team members to support their growth and development within the organization
- Use latest technology and software to complete projects as assigned
- Actively participate in industry organizations at committee level; represent the Company at networking functions, career fairs, trade shows, etc.
Knowledge, Experience, and Special Skills Required
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing construction projects in excess of Twenty (20) Million Dollars
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, or Related field
- Proven track record of client satisfaction and profitability
- OSHA 30 hour, First Aid and CPR certifications
- LEED Specialty Accreditation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Procore, Bluebeam as well as an understanding of Primavera scheduling and BIM
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Trustworthy, self-motivated, passionate and dedicated to high-quality work
- Ability to perform all duties in a digital/paperless environment
Individuals should be able to reach above and below, stoop and bend, sit, walk and stand. Individuals should also be able to lift, carry and/or moving items up to 50lbs.
May be exposed to heavy machinery/equipment, hazardous chemicals and extreme weather conditions.
Minimum of 40 hours per week required. Works hours will vary depending on project specifications, and may involve overtime, weekends and night work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work required. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job. Successful candidate will seek additional duties to master.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com