This Project Accountant position will work with the Accounting Manager to complete the monthly process, including project cost analysis and account reconciliations. This position requires a significant amount of communications with the field staff (email, phone and in person), performing billing and collection duties, preparing and completing audit quality work papers, and assisting the Accounting Manager and CFO with special projects and reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare billing and handle collections of project reimbursements
- Assist our Project Managers in tracking all costs associated with current projects and generating monthly owner progress billings
- Prepare various bank reconciliations
- Perform various detailed month-end allocations for overhead costs; record as necessary
- Review accounts payable & accounts receivable daily transactions.
- Analyze and reconcile various balance sheet accounts
- Run project financial reports for field staff
- Oversee risk management for projects, specifically with subcontractors, review contract amounts, manage the collection of payment verification/lien documentation and proper insurance requirements to mitigate risks, exposures, etc.
- Collecting, verifying, and distributing certified payroll reports
- Use latest technology and software to complete projects as assigned
- Other duties / special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Experience, and Special Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Required
- Three to five years of related experience; project accounting experience preferred; knowledge of construction and job cost accounting necessary
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend English
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Demonstrated experience working with Sage Timberline accounting software preferred
- Excellent customer service is a must
- Must be a team player, able to meet strict deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- High interpersonal skills is required
Individuals should be able to reach above and below, stoop and bend, sit, walk and stand. Individuals should also be able to lift, carry and/or moving items up to 35lbs.
Minimum of 40 hours per week required. Normal works hours are normally between 8:00am and 5:00pm M-F and will vary depending on project specifications, and may involve nights and weekends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work required. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job. Successful candidate will seek additional duties to master.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com