Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist
The Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist will partner with managers to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of the Company. The position will nurture relationships with prospective talent and manage on-going relationships with managers of the Company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and manages full cycle recruiting, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Builds a strong candidate pipeline for existing and future positions.
- Identifies and sources talent through multiple venues such as job boards, industry-specific sites, college and university campus job fairs and contacts, social media outlets, and other sourcing means.
- Develops relationships with professional and educational institutions to foster recruitment efforts at all levels while promoting the Coakley & Williams Construction brand and community presence.
- Creates and implements employment marketing strategies to attract passive job seekers.
- Manages and coordinates all communication with candidates as well as the scheduling and logistics of all interviews.
- Performs detailed reference checks on selected candidates and review results with hiring managers.
- Conducts negotiations with desired candidates and prepares offer package.
- Manages the pre-employment background screening.
- Manages pre-employment drug screen program.
- Develops and updates job descriptions and job specifications.
- Onboards new hires including profile set-up in HRMS system, creating employee file, completes new hire paperwork, coordinates initial training needs, and works with IT on equipment procurement and tech training.
- Manages internship program by conducting interviews, conducting orientations, coordinating assignments and training, coaches interns.
- Completes Form I-9, ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-I employment eligibility verification, and periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Tracks and reports key metrics designed to measure staffing activity.
- Tracks information for EEO-1 reporting and completes the Employer Information Report EEO-1 annually before September 30 deadline.
- Tracks and maintains all information required to comply with the OFCCP rules for Affirmative Action. This includes maintaining applicant tracking log, tracking and maintaining summary data on external job offers and hires, maintain summary data flow on total applicants, total minority applicants and total
Knowledge, Experience, and Special Skills Required
- At least five (5) years of experience in an office setting with minimum three (3) years of Human Resources Departmental experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related degree required.
- Proven track record of working in a confidential HR position handling sensitive information appropriately.
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state employment regulations.
- Advanced proficiency in HRMS systems, Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills for effective communication with all employee levels.
- Ability in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Ability to follow-through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to quality standards. High level of attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated, passionate and dedicated to high-quality work
Individuals should be able to reach above and below, stoop and bend, sit, walk, stand, pick up boxes and/or bulky items on an occasional basis as an essential part of the job.
Minimum of 40 hours per week required. Works hours will vary depending on project specifications, and may involve weekends and night work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work required. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job. Successful candidate will seek additional duties to master.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org