The Assistant Superintendent is an integral part of the team. Responsibilities include assisting the Project Superintendent with the overall day to day leadership of on-site construction operations. This position assists with providing supervision and technical management of subcontractors and other construction related personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforce the company safety program in accordance with the company's best practice policies, local, state, and federal laws
- Assist the Project Superintendent to ensure on-time project completion by working with project team to manage schedule, material deliveries and manpower on site
- Participate in the development of the initial schedule and evaluate and update monthly, schedules as required to ensure that construction activities progress according to schedule. With guidance from the Project Superintendent take responsibility for the two-week look ahead schedule
- Develop a complete understanding of subcontractor’s contractual scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders
- Ensure all subcontractors are working with the latest set of documents and supplemental information
- Work with the Project Superintendent to provide project oversight anticipating and avoiding potential issues that can negatively impact schedule and budget
- Assist with the implement and enforcement of the Company’s quality control program to achieve quality workmanship in accordance with project requirements
- Assist in preparation for preconstruction meetings with each subcontractor in advance of the start of each feature of work
- Keep up to date with the submittal and request for information processes, to ensure project requirements are met
- Assist in the management of the inspection process for all required agencies and permit types (I.e. Building, Trade, Use and Occupancy) as required
- Assist in the management of the project close out to include required inspections, commissioning and completion of punch list
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of “as-built” documents throughout duration of the project
Knowledge, Experience, and Special Skills Required
- At least five (5) years of experience in the construction industry
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend English; Spanish a plus
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Trustworthy, self-motivated, passionate and dedicated to high-quality work
- Use latest technology and software to complete projects as assigned
Training Will Be Provided in the Following
- OSHA 30 hour, First Aid and CPR certifications
- USACE Construction Quality Management Training Certification
- Reading and comprehension of construction drawings and shop drawings
- Microsoft Office 365 (word, outlook, excel), Bluebeam, Procore and other relevant software/apps
- CPM scheduling
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Education Assistance for those interested in obtaining an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, or Related field
Individuals should be able to reach above and below, stoop and bend, sit, walk and stand. Individuals should also be able to lift, carry and/or moving items up to 75lbs.
May be exposed to heavy machinery/equipment, hazardous chemicals and extreme weather conditions.
Minimum of 40 hours per week required. Works hours will vary depending on project specifications, and may involve overtime, weekends and night work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work required. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job. Successful candidate will seek additional duties to master.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org