The Accounting Clerk supports the CFO and accounting team in executing the responsibilities of the accounting department by providing company and accounting team members with financial information necessary for managerial and executive level decision making.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing a high level of customer service to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with subcontractor vendors, operations, marketing, accounting, and executive staff.
- Focus on understanding the needs of the accounting team.
- Maintaining an environment of clear and effective communication.
- Supporting the accounting department with vouching invoices with the appropriate general ledger coding, as needed.
- Handing general invoices, fielding incoming telephone calls to the appropriate accounting contact, and noting inquiries.
- Greeting and assisting visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Performing general administrative duties including but not limited to mailings, creating report binders, document scanning, office supply orders, and other additional functions in support of the department.
- Attending monthly meetings and recording meeting minutes.
- Distributing AP checks for miscellaneous invoices and expenses and AP reimbursement checks to employees.
- Processing AP mail and invoice scanning.
- Assisting Accounting Manager with credit applications.
- Distributing parking passes.
- Setting up AP vendors in accounting system.
- Preparing and submitting year end 1099 reports, and assisting department with W-9 receipts and verification.
- Preparing and processing weekly check runs.
- Recording and indexing subcontractor insurance certificates in accounting system.
- Indexing and executing lien waivers in accounting system.
- Assisting Project Accountant with in-office support and payment verification of 2nd tier subcontractors and suppliers.
- Scanning and indexing certified payroll reports.
- Maintaining the department e-mail inbox, as needed.
- Uploading A/P general contractor invoice from various websites and indexing A/P checks into pVault paperless accounting system.
Knowledge, Experience, and Special Skills Required
- At least 1+ years of accounting experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent proficiency and fluency in English
- High level of customer service
- Ability work under pressure, perform work as a team player, meet strict deadlines, and work with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Knowledge performing duties in a digital and paperless environment
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Willingness to work overtime on weekends, as needed to meet deadlines
- Multi-task multiple assignments with desired results
Minimum of 40 hours per week required. Normal works hours are normally between 8:00am and 5:00pm M-F and will vary depending on project specifications, and plan for some evening and weekend work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work required. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job. Successful candidate will seek additional duties to master.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org