Strategic Proposal Development Manager
This position provides essential support in the Company's procurement of new business. Primary overall responsibility will be to ensure the highest quality proposals in line with the Company brand and message.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Champion a "positive, can do" attitude and maintain professional attire and behavior at all times.
- Identify potential project opportunities via public information forums that meet the Company's pursuit criteria.
- Research and synthesize relevant facts about the RFP's evaluation criteria to enable efficient GO/NO GO decision making.
- Evaluate and comprehend RFP/RFQ to ensure compliance and align proposal content to meet client requirements.
- Prepare outline of RFP/RFQ requirements and timeline for proposal submission efforts. Distribute information to all involved parties regarding proposal deadlines, requirements, and interview criteria.
- Manage all aspects of the proposal preparation specific to each proposal and client including layout, formatting, and content development to ensure that a high quality, professional product is created and delivered on time.
- Have a knowledge base of the Company's personnel and be able to put forward proposed team members that best suit the requirements of the RFP/RFQ. Keep up to date on employees and update resumes to include projects, awards and certifications
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and perform independent research to create technically accurate, informative, and creative responses
- Ensure that all information is current and consistent with the Company's brand, message, business objectives and style standards.
- Write, edit and proof read proposal for accuracy, compliance, style and consistency.
- Assist in producing, binding, packaging and shipping/delivery of proposal documents.
- Organize team members for presentation preparation sessions and coordinate presentation logistics with clients
- Produce slideshows, videos, diagrams, storyboards and other visual media in support of team presentations, in addition to working with presenting team to assist with messaging and delivery.
- Contribute to the development of the Company's proposal library through the understanding of who we are, what we do and how we do it.
- Actively participate in business procurement meetings to stay current with upcoming RFQ/RFP opportunities.
- Maintain the opportunity schedule.
- Support the development of marketing materials including resumes, project data sheets, award submissions, photography and media.
Knowledge, Experience, and Special Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications, or Construction related field.
- At least three (3) years of experience with the development of private and public sector proposals.
- Experience developing, writing, editing and proof-reading proposals and experience with developing creative marketing materials.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow-through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to quality standards with a high level of attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to think critically and draw from several resources to create simple, unified and persuasive documents.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe CS, Prezi, and CRM databases.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a passion and dedication to high-quality work.
- Experience with Architectural/Construction technical writing/proposal development and an understanding of the industry dynamics a plus.
Physical Job Demands
Individuals should be able to reach above and below, stoop and bend, sit, walk, stand, pick up boxes up to 25 lbs and/or bulky items on an occasional basis as an essential part of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work required. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job. Successful candidate will seek additional duties to master.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with your salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the Job Title and Job number in all communications.
This job will remain open until filled.