The Superintendent is responsible for the overall leadership of on-site construction operations. This position will provide supervision and technical management of subcontractors and other construction related personnel, and include; the planning, coordination and execution of the work so that projects are completed in a high quality and safe manner, meeting budget and schedule objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforce the Company’s safety program in accordance with the company’s best practice policies, local, state, and federal laws
- Develop new and maintain existing business relationships with Owners, Architect/Engineers, Construction Managers and Subcontractors as necessary to ensure future business opportunities
- Team with the Project Managers to structure the project team, develop objectives/goals and assign individual areas of responsibility to ensure on-time project completion by working with the project team to manage schedule, material deliveries and manpower on site
- Participate in the preconstruction and bidding process, providing constructability, schedule and process input. Partner with the Proposal Management team and actively participate in interviews and presentations
- Work with the project scheduler to develop the initial schedule and evaluate and update schedules as required to ensure that construction activities progress according to schedule
- Work with the Project Manager during procurement to review and provide feedback on subcontractor’s scope of work
- Develop a complete understanding of subcontractor’s contractual scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders. Ensure all subcontractors are working with the latest set of documents and supplemental information
- Communicate with Architect, Owner and/or Construction Manager on construction issues, attend Owner’s meetings on a regularly scheduled basis
- Review contract documents for conflicts, constructability or clarification needs
- Implement and enforce the Company’s quality control program to achieve quality workmanship in accordance with project requirements
- Prepare for and lead preconstruction meetings with all subcontractors in preparation for the start of each feature of work
- Monitor the submittal and request for information processes, to ensure project requirements are met
- Track permits and manage inspection process for all required agencies and permit types (Building, Trade, Use and Occupancy, etc.) as required
- Manage project close out to include required inspections, commissioning and completion of punch list
- Manage and control budget for general conditions and labor costs on the site
- Maintain “as-built” documents throughout duration of the project
- Mentor and train project team members to support their growth and development within the Company
- Use latest technology and software to complete projects as assigned
Knowledge, Experience, and Special Skills Required
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing construction projects in excess of Twenty (20) Million Dollars
- Proven track record with client satisfaction and profitability
- OSHA 30 hour, First Aid and CPR certifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Procore, and Bluebeam as well as an understanding of Primavera scheduling and BIM
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend English
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Trustworthy, self-motivated, passionate and dedicated to high-quality work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, or Related field a plus
Individuals should be able to reach above and below, stoop and bend, sit, walk and stand. Individuals should also be able to lift, carry and/or moving items up to 75lbs.
May be exposed to heavy machinery/equipment, hazardous chemicals and extreme weather conditions.
Minimum of 40 hours per week required. Works hours will vary depending on project specifications, and may involve overtime, weekends and night work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work required. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job. Successful candidate will seek additional duties to master.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org