The Project Engineer is an integral part of the Project Team responsible for the coordination of construction, and providing technical and field support to Project Managers, Superintendents, and Subcontractors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforce the company safety program in accordance with the company's best practice policies, local, state, and federal laws
- Manage document control including electronic document file management, hyperlinking of pertinent information (i.e. RFIs, submittals, sketches, and inspections), notification of updates and assistance to all team members
- Create and maintain the master document list of drawings, specifications and sketches throughout the life of the project
- Manage the submittal process including creation of the submittal log, receipt of submittals, compliance review, submission, logging, tracking and distribution to the project team
- Manage the RFI process including creation of RFIs, submission, logging, tracking, hyperlinking and distribution to the project team
- Assist in the documentation of site meetings, including but not limited to owners, subcontractors, and quality control meetings, issuing meeting minutes timely
- Maintain the electronic as-built drawings and/or set of red-line as-built plans
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent with documentation, permit tracking, scheduling of inspections, contacting subcontractors and other miscellaneous tasks
- Manage project close out information including receipt of required documentation from subcontractors, electronic assembly and/or compiling binders of close out documents, and transmission of all required information
- Participate in the project turn over process. If a Quality Control Manager is not assigned to the project take primary responsibility for, preparation of a final completion list and distribute rework lists to the responsible subcontractors. Prepare the final punch list, distribute punch list to the responsible subcontractors and track completion of all punch list items
- Begin to participate in industry organization; represent the Company at networking functions, career fairs, trade shows, etc.
- Use latest technology and software to complete projects as assigned
Knowledge, Experience, and Special Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, OneNote, Word, Excel). Bluebeam, Prolog or other project management software, and BIM experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Passionate, self-motivated and dedicated to high-quality work
- Ability to perform all of the above in a digital/paperless environment
Individuals should be able to reach above and below, stoop and bend, sit, walk and stand. Individuals should also be able to lift, carry and/or moving items up to 75lbs.
May be exposed to heavy machinery/equipment, hazardous chemicals and extreme weather conditions.
Minimum of 40 hours per week required. Works hours will vary depending on project specifications, and may involve overtime, weekends and night work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work required. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job. Successful candidate will seek additional duties to master.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org